Cthulhu doesnt show up in Ableton 11

Started by ordinaryzomb

ordinaryzomb

Hello, just downloaded the demo and installed it, but it won't show up, even after rescan, and it's the only vst that I'm missing. Any ideas what's causing this missing vst?

If you're on an M1/ARM mac, the demo does not support ARM/M1 native currently, you could enable Rosetta on your DAW for evaluation, there is a beta for registered users in the Cthulhu forum.

ordinaryzomb

If you're on an M1/ARM mac, the demo does not support ARM/M1 native currently, you could enable Rosetta on your DAW for evaluation, there is a beta for registered users in the Cthulhu forum.

Any clues?

Cthulhu_x64.dll should be in the folder your DAW is set to look for VST2 plugins.

ordinaryzomb

Cthulhu_x64.dll should be in the folder your DAW is set to look for VST2 plugins.

It is there, bu it doesnt show up on Ableton. Serum does tho.

verify for certain Cthulhu_x64.dll is in the VST2 Custom Folder location. Try alt-click on Rescan button.

were you able to make this work? I also have the Cthulhu_x64.dll is in the VST2 Custom Folder location but it doesn't show up on Ableton

Arnulf

Hi, I had the same problem on Windows 11, Ableton Live 11. All my plugins were VST3 up to that point. After creating a VST2 Custom Folder and moving Cthulhu_x64.dll to that folder, it was recognized and worked.