OTT Apple Silicon

Started by paul.meredith

paul.meredith

Hi - Current a big fan and user of Serum. I think Apple Silicon support is active or on the way? I just wondered Steve if you will be updating OTT for Apple Silicon, would be a shame not to be able to use it natively in the future.

Thanks.

I also want to see Apple Silicon support for OTT, currently I am forced to use the AU version (since running my DAW with Rosetta 2 is a big performance hit). But the downside of using AU plugins is that you will only be able to open the project on macOS.

I have an OTT beta here, it isn't heavily tested, I retooled a lot which means heavy testing should really get done before it's a release.
So if you'd like to help beta test… here you are!
Rosetta2 should not be needed:

[dropbox link removed as it is obsolete]

I have an OTT beta here, it isn't heavily tested, I retooled a lot which means heavy testing should really get done before it's a release.
So if you'd like to help beta test… here you are!
Rosetta2 should not be needed:

[dropbox link removed as it is obsolete]

It's not loading for me in FL Studio 20.8.4 running in apple silicon mode. I am on an M1 pro MBP running macOS 12.0.1, let me know if you need any more info.

opens and works fine in logic as far as i can tell :)

i know its a freebie but could we get background image to be rendered @2x?

Probably at some point it will be resizable, but I don't make promises on things I haven't done - I'm grinding hardest on Serum at the moment.

Thank you for this! I'll let you know if I come across any issues, but so far so good running M1 Native in Logic Pro 10.7.1 under Big Sur.

Working here on my m1 16 inch macbook pro, thanks a lot for your hard work Steve !

I have tried 1.31 and the beta version but for some reason it still runs the AUHostingservice which means it is not running native in my native Logic on a 16" m1 max Monterey.
It does run native on Studio One 5 but not in Logic. Am I the only one with this experience?

Joro Dudovski

Hey there! For some reason even after I installed the latest update of ott, the version hasn't been updated and it says that it's still running on 1.26. I'm on m1 pro with OS X12.0.1. I also have a 2 ms latency with the 1.26 version, and i dont think I had a latency before with my intel mac.

Sounds like you're on an old version, I don't have Rosetta2 installed so it definitely runs without it now.

Command-shift-G in Finder
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
delete OTT.component if present (check subfolders too)

Command-shift-G in Finder or type or paste (including ~ mark)
~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
delete OTT.component if present (check subfolders too)

restart the mac, verify OTT is not available, then run the 1.31 installer.
You can see the version running by clicking the text label under the OTT logo (2x)

stephenpaul

I'm running OTT 1.31 in Ableton Beta ARM and when I load projects (or saved .adg racks) that were saved with the old non ARM OTT, it loads the plugin, but many of the settings don't recall correctly.

Time, Gain In, Gain Out, High Gain, Mid Gain, Low Gain all get set to 0% every time.

M1 Pro, Monterey 12.1, Ableton 11.1b9 ARM

stephenpaul

I did further testing and found that the AU seems to be ok. The issue I'm having only happens with the VST version of the plugin.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dj9oooewhp3huew/AAACukMmohRPFVqXU6lLlPFfa?dl=0

The VST track on this project and both the VST instrument rack and VST fx rack all load with the settings for OTT not properly recalled on my M1.

There is one additional variable which I had forgotten and could be a factor. These were saved out of Ableton 10 which is what I'm running on my old Intel MBP.

Thanks, my best guess is that this is Ableton's issue to fix.

OTT Test VST.adg loads fine on OTT 1.31 / Intel Live 11.0.12 and Live 11.1b10
OTT Test VST.adg does not load fine on OTT 1.31 / ARM Live / Live 11.1b10

The same issue occurs with DimensionExpander (also a chunkless VST2 plugin).

I have reported this on Centercode to Ableton.

The vst version doesn't appear native in Studio One unless it is in rosetta mode, only AU

I have the VST here fine in the latest Studio One on ARM/M1, and I don't have Rosetta2 on the machine at all. You can see the version running if you click the "Multiband Upwards/Downwards Compressor" text 2x. I suspect it is not 1.31 - I would suggest manually deleting the OTT VST and verify it no longer appears when restarting S1 in Rosetta2 mode, then run the 1.31 installer again.

stephenpaul

Damn, that sucks. You're much faster to fix bugs than Ableton are. Hopefully they can get this one sorted soon.