Just bought Serum, doesn't show in Ableton.

Started by tonediggity

tonediggity

I just purchased Serum and installed it, but when i open ableton live 9 and click on plug-ins, Serum does not show. What do I do?

steve_xfer

Make sure you have "use VST System folders" (OSX) or the correct custom VST folder is set (Windows) on File/Folder tab of Live preferences.  Also verify if you see other VST plugins located in the same folder.  Please contact me through the contact page for more rapid support, and mention your exact OS version!

TwintendoBroz

OMG the same thing has been happening to me! I just bought Serum, I had the demo and then I installed the update version as it said on the downloads page. I opened up Ableton, went under the Plugins Category and it didn't show up! I also followed your advice about enabling "Use VST Plug-In System Folders" and every time I do that, Ableton Crashes and give me a message about Live quitting unexpectedly or something and it gives an option to reopen and when I click that, Live gives me this message "Live’s last program run was abnormally terminated while scanning the VST Plug-in “Serum.vst.” This failure has either been caused by this plug-in or by another plug-in that was scanned earlier. Click OK if you would like Live to scan this plug-in again; click Cancel to skip and deactivate this plug-in for use in Live (other applications will not be affected)." This is very frustrating considering how much wanna use this plugin & how much I paid for it :(((((

P.S. My OS Version is OS X 10.10.5

Hmm, sorry to hear it.  I haven't had any similar reports - please email us via the FAQ & Support page, so I can diagnose with you.

Luisribeiro11

I just purchased Serum and installed it, but when i open ableton live 9 and click on plug-ins, Serum does not show. What do I do?

hey!! when you bought serum, they deliver serum in your mail?

having the same issue just bought the vst and i cant get into ableton idk if its because i have the demo version??? are you not alowed to use use plugins on demo?

steve_xfer

You can use plugins in the Live demo IIRC, you need to enable them in Live 10 preferences->Plugins. Please mention your OS if you are stuck.

same problem here, maybe its something to do with live 9?

steve_xfer

If you're on Live 9 on a Mac make sure it shows 64-bit on startup.

morganpiott

I also have the same issue. I can open serum in fruity loops just fine but I can't find it in Ableton at all.

Hey Steve,
I have this same issue. The .dll files are in both VST Plugins (Program Files) and VST Plugins(Program Filesx86). I have selected both folders in Preferences and it sees everything but Serum?

Please help : )

Verify the VST2 Custom Folder location in Live preferences->Plugins.

I would suggest making e.g. C:\VSTPlugins and make sure Serum_x64.dll is in that location and set C:\VSTPlugins as VST2 Custom Folder.

I have recently bought serum and it is not installing into ableton live 10. Only the presets are coming up in ableton, no the plug in itself. Every time i try and open an already downloaded file, it asks me to download it again. All my settings on ableton are correct. Serum is in C:/files (x86)/VSTplugins, but has an internet explorer icon next to it. i have not had this issue with any other plug ins such as tyrell, which came up and installed with ease.

PARTYSMARTIE

Same. I've had Serum for years now and as of a few days the only thing that shows is LFO tool in my Plug-in Devices. I've tried everything from reinstalling, re scaning in Ableton prefrences and restarting my computer.

Just purchased Serum and is not showing in Ableton Live 11 Windows 11 however it shows in FL Studio on the same computer.

Update: Ok simple fix the issue was with my VST folder setup in Ableton Live.

centuryon-splice

hey, i am having the same issue i think. where i have the .dll file and the preset folder but i cant find the actual cst anywhere

I also have the same issue. I can open serum in fruity loops just fine but I can't find it in Ableton at all

see the above link / article, you need to set Live to look for VST2 plugins in the folder containing Serum_x64.dll

jordansavagemusic

Just purchased LFO Tool this evening. After downloading it, it is not showing up in ableton Live. Serum and all of my other plug-ins show up, not sure what is wrong with LFO Tool. OS: Windows 11. Running Ableton Live Suite 11.

I had something similar with the old OTT installer. Make sure you run the installer as admin (rightclick menu , run as admin) and check if the plugin was moved / copied into your vst directory. Check the manual here: https://xferrecords.com/forums/general/lfo-tool-manual-general

The manual is telling:
Unzip the .zip file. Place LFOTool.dll in your VSTPlugins folder (or subfolder inside), as determined by your host program. Place the “LFOTool Presets” folder in the same location as LFOTool.dll (your VSTPlugins folder, or subfolder thereof).

In some cases the vst folder is protected, make sure u got the rw permissions.

Theoretically it doesn't matter if it is in your 32bit folder or 64bit folder, it will be usually indexed by your host, otherwise you need to scan the folder again under preferences.

I had the demo version and then I officially bought Serum, but the demo version is what shows up when I open Serum. How do I about opening the full version of Serum?