Does serum leverage intel-specific intrinsics(SSE4, AVX, AVX-256/512)?

Started by stetstet

Question for Steve:

• Does serum leverage intel-specific intrinsics(SSE4, AVX, AVX2, AVX-512)? If so, which one(s)?
  • Do you have plans to leverage (put whatever extension not used by serum here) in future updates?

I would be elated to receive a reply!
Thank you

If you are curious about the context…and to make this more easily searchable:

I am trying to put together a new system(desktop) for music production - specifically the kind where you use many, many, many instances of Serum. Currently I am split between two processors: Intel i5-11600K and AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, as they seem to have the same number of cores & comparable single-thread performance.

If there is one criterion that could make all the difference, it would be Serum's support for intrinsics, like AVX or AVX-512. If serum supports AVX-512 I would be leaning towards Intel, else I'd buy whichever system is cheaper (since 5600X is known to support up to AVX2)

There could be other producers (with a lower budget, looking at lower-gen AMD CPUs) wondering the same thing, so I made the question much more general than it needs to be.

steve_xfer

There are no AVX specific instructions currently, just SSE. I can't promise what the future holds there however.